View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I had some plans about manipulating dictionaries (link) and I actually put some efforts into it. However, I gave up because of the encryption.
I have done a similar thing what you planned: translated the 1.9.17's english monolingual dictionary's html files through a free web service to get english-hungarian translations, and rebuilt and recompressed the htmls. The "words" file was kept intact.
The good news are that even though the newer firmwares have encrypted dictionaries, my translated dictionary works perfectly with the 2.1.5 firmware, and also it is much more easy to install since the dictionary files are now on the user-reachable part of the memory.
So don't give up, finish your work :-)
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote