Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 11:44 PM   #368
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
Widows & Orphans

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
... widows and orphans set to 0 makes the end of the page much nicer then the constantly shifting end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
[*]Re: widows and orphans... I have tried to use them on the PRST1 and couldn't get them to work. I frequently saw multi-line paragraphs which had the first line on one page and the rest of the paragraph on the next page - which I thought those settings were supposed to stop. I also saw the converse, namely all but the last line of a paragraph on one page and its last line on the next page.
I apologize for getting even further off topic, but I'm intrigued by this widows and orphans thing. I've never used it in any of my CSS, but I regularly have ebooks that will have all but the last line or two of a paragraph on one page with its last line or two on the next page. Is this because the publisher is using widows/orphans or is it because they're not?