View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmuse View Post
Hello -- I'd like to put a wish list out there for a forum for InDesign users exporting to epub, and also using the Amazon Kindle's plug-in to export to .mobi
I convert to ePub then use kindlegen to convert to mobi

Quote:
Mac User - OSX 10.6.8 at the moment. InDesign CS5.
I have the same CS5.5, although I do all my converstion in CS3
There is nothing in CS5.5 that makes me want to change...I find the additional language code it adds is insane.

Quote:
I am developing a workflow using the guidelines in Liz Castro's book on Epubs, and Anne-Marie Concepcion's video tutorials on Lynda.com.
Liz is the guru and the only person a reference back for real world problems, and new tech the other "commentators" I find to be out of touch and are more wrapped up in the tech rather then getting the results. And I never pay for tutorials.

Quote:
I massage the InDesign print documents to suit epub requirements, then export to epub from InDesign, then use Sigil to tweak. This is working fairly well.
I only use Textwrangler and Dreamweaver, I don't use Sigil or Calibre, because I hate the additional code it puts into the files.

Quote:
For epub validation, I am using the online validator at http://threepress.org/document/epub-validate/ and I've downloaded the recommended epubcheck but haven't used it yet.
Same

Quote:
For mobi validation, I am using Amazon Kindle Previewer.
Same

Quote:
Is anyone else out there using a similar workflow?
Yes I made a tutorial post about what I do Step by Step
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&highlight=CS3
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote