Thread: Classic Nook annotation database
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Question Nook annotation database

I've scoured the intertubes (and this forum) looking for this information but my google-fu phails .

To be clear from the get go - I'm talking about an unrooted nook with the 1.4 firmware. Does anyone know where the annotation/highlight data are stored? What sort of database is it? Is it encrypted or not (no earthly reason why it should be - I wrote the blasted annotations ). I figure that if it exists in an accessible file and is ascii, it is always possible to write code to extract the annotations. Seeing as no one (that I could find) has done this, I don't have high hopes for this question, but what the hey?

A related question - is annotation data stored separately for the B&N library and my documents? If so, perhaps there's a chance that even if the B&N annots are off-limits, the my docs annots maybe open? *sigh* You can tell I'm desperate .

Help me Mobileread, you're my only hope
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote