View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #24
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
I had the Glo for a week before returning it and buying a PW. I would say that at the same perceived brightness, the Glo had a more evenly lit screen. I returned the Glo as, for me, the light couldn't be set low enough, it was always as bright as a LCD screen. My PW is always set at level 2 or 3 which improves the contrast without having a glaring screen. I do prefer the software of the Kobo though, better font control and easier collections with Calibre.
Thanks for that bit of info. I'm considering a front lit reader, and I think my preferences are like yours in that I tend to prefer the dimmest possible screen in a darkened room. I always turn the screen on my smartphone all the way down in bed after lights out. That's for my own eyes and also to decrease the chance of disturbing my wife, who is a very light sleeper.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote