View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #21
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
But my Aura is advertised for 32,000 I think or was when I bought it and slows noticebaly at just over 500 and is close to a minute opening shelves with just over 2000. Putting a largish shelf of 93 books on it added another 30 seconds approximately.

On the mini I had 548 books I think and had made one shelf for all books, and several largish collections for genre. time was IIRC around 45 seconds to open shelves. removing all books shelf made it about 28 seconds and removing genre collections made it about 22 seconds. The reason I had the all books collection was because occassionally I could convince it to sort by latest read instead of latest added I even tried using all kepubs with the kepub driver and it was thw same so I quickly removed most them as I do not like the chapter numbers. I left the 93 book collection as kepubs in the hopes that I would become less irrataed by them, but only finding it more irritating as I read them and they are pretty short books. I guess I want more of the real book experience which has actual page numbers at the bottom of each page.

These numbers were pretty consistant when I put the shelves back and removed them again.

My Sony has 4000+ ebooks on it and takes about 5 seconds to open collections even with a collection with all of the books in it.

I am certainly not going to put rtfs etc on in the interest of anything but it is interesting to hear about.

Oh well it gives me something to experiment with when I am a tad bored.

Helen
hi

i just side loaded mobi books and epub books via usb.as the number of books increased the kobo mini became slower and prone to freezing on search in the library.
you could read an individual book ok but on searching on the library it would tend to freeze.it became sluggish.

you said you have 3300 books? does it not make it slow or freeze.do your books have covers?

how did you load the books.were they all thru calibe?
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote