View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 03:26 AM   #69
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
I just finished The Savage Detectives on the train home, and all I can say is: read it! It's indescribable but definitely a great book. Though it took me some time to "get into it" because of all the different stories, people and viewpoints (I am easily confused and find it hard to keep track of characters, who's who and who did what), but that's what makes it a great book I think. All those different stories that somehow intersect and somehow make sense, but never completely. A true slice of life, with all the attendant frustration and mystery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Will definitely give it another go.
To be honest it wasn't until about halfway through the book that I started to really love it. Before that it was OK, but I was wondering what all the fuss was about. But your mileage may vary I'm sure.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote