View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 10:30 PM   #7
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
I must be the only one who hates the bookshelf view paradigm that has taken over. Do you line up your paper books with the cover facing out on bookshelves? No, you line them up with the spine facing out so you can read the title and author easily. Doing it the other way takes up too much space.

In the digital realm of ebooks, at least for me covers are much less important. I see the cover once when I first open a book to read it and then never again, unlike a paper book where I see the cover every time I pick it up. I'm much less likely to associate a specific cover with an ebook than I am the title or author.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote