View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 06:22 PM   #9
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Thumbs up

Wow! There are a couple of excellent suggestions her, so I'll second a few:

1) Necroscope - Brian Lumley's series is an excellent read that has about 8-10 in the group. I picked up the kicker, Necroscope, about 13 years ago and let it lie for a couple years before I actually read it. Too bad, because I was hooked and quickly caught up to the point where I was waiting for the next in the series (Brian has a way of leaving you wanting more, with the occassional cliff hanger). Definite go if you're into horror/sci-fi, wish I would've received my PRS-500 before the cut-off, but the snow in Colorado caused about a 2-week delay and I didn't receive it till Jan 3! Guess I'll watch the newsgroups.
2) Jennifer Government - Yet another one of my favorite genre, techno/cyberpunk/scifi. I really enjoyed this book as well, didn't wait so long to read it (mainly judged by the cover and summary on the back. This is a fast-paced thriller that I found hard to put down (not an easy task, as I'm a bit critical about what I read; e.g., not too into legal drama or typical cop thrillers). This is worth picking up as well.

Not sure what else is out there, but you can't go wrong with Piers Anthony (are his books listed?). Try for the Incarnations of Immortality series, if they have 'em.

Excellent site!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote