View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsip View Post
I'm pretty sure most people's definition of a book includes paper and pages and stuff like that. A scroll is not a book either, even if it carries the same text.
Interesting how there is not (yet) a clearly defined way to distinguish medium and content because of the lack of need / ability to differentiate though.

I don't think I could get rid of my paper books. Ever. I feel a lot more cofortable in rooms with lots of books, usually. I will probably continue buying most my books in the paper medium, too - the e-book reader is (at least for now I think so) mostly a traveling convenience to me, that I'll mostly use for copyright free books.

Well, if you have an ebook device, you defintely think of the books loaded as "real books". What else could you be reading?

I won't get getting rid of my paper books either. They are a joy and comfort.

However, I have discovered having as many books on my reader as possible makes reading even more enjoyable.

While waiting in doctors offices or hospital, or anywhere !

While eating......(you can eat with one hand and turn pages with another......try doing that with with a paper back!

Lying in bed with a read is way more comfortable. Large books are cumbersome, and even smaller ones keep flapping closed.

Being able to look up words without getting out the dictionary is fun.

And reading what you want, when you want, is the best of all.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote