View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #10
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by digory View Post
Here comes the first version of my calculator! Please tell me if it runs on your kindle!
Cheers
I do not see source code in the zip file.

In this forum we share our source code so we can learn from each other. In the parent forum, there are those who do not share source code, but as a general rule, we do here. After all, you learned from us, so it is only right that you share with us (especially what you post here).

We also use open source licensing (where permissive licenses such as MIT or BSD are preferred by most of us, myself included). There are professional developers who are not allowed to touch GPL however (even for personal projects), to prevent "infecting" their commercial code (or even the appearance of having done so). I go to great lengths to find code that has permissive licensing.

Please share. Thanks.

After all, people can buy a real physical calculator at the dollar store, so it is not like it has all that much commercial value. It is a nice addition to a jailbroken kindle however, so making it free and open would be a valuable addition to our code base here. And it does look rather nice from the screenshot provided above.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-12-2012 at 05:12 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote