View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #45
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Did you try to load any of the KF8 sample files? Those are what I tried. My Kindle Touch will load the sample files (or any other Kindlegen output), but just the mobi segment, not the KF8 segment. I assume you verified you're seeing KF8 properties, not just mobi.
Absolutely. I've got content I've built with the new kindlegen that I'm definitely seeing the KF8 version of. Using the KindlePreviewer and switching between emulating the Kindle Fire and emulating a regular Kindle... it's easy to see the KF8 differences. I'm seeing the KF8 version (drop caps, right margins, and embedded fonts) with Kindle for PC v1.9.0.

EDIT: You're partly right though, double-clicking a mobi built by the the new kindlegen doesn't seem to open it in K4PC. K4PC opens, but there's no new book in the library. I had to place the book in the "My Kindle Content" folder. Then when I open K4PC the next time, the new book is there.. and it's definitely KF8, I just verified. Plus after deleting and re-downloading books from my archive, I've found a few that have obviously been updated to KF8, as well.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote