View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #34
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
I've been dreading the day when the tools stop working, looks like that day is near.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What's the big deal? Just download to your Kindle instead of K4PC and strip the DRM from that.
Unless Amazon push through another firmware update like they did with the 2.5 on the Kindle 2 which changed the original serial number -> PID -> decrypt scheme, which took several months before anyone figured out how the new method worked.

It was during that limbo period of no longer having working actual hardware Kindle tools and the K4Mac ones being totally non-existent that helped me decide that Amazon would not be my preferred e-book retailer to spend money at.

Nowadays the hacks no longer block the auto-updates coming over the wireless, so if they decide to do that, then that portion of the tools would become useless for everyone with a newer model Kindle (who doesn't live with the wireless off).
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote