View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 05:36 AM   #12
hellraiser06
Yaabbaa dabba doo
hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Touch wifi, Kindle 3 Wifi, Asus Transformer TF101
So, far this is the process I have found to be most efective for mangas/comics: (This method is what I learnt here at mobileread thru this thread and/or some others. These are just the simplifications of what I do. I have tried various other methods out there for weeks before I found out that this is the best of em all. So, I dont deserve any credit for this method, but unfortunately I cant recall exactly where/how I developed this)

1) Have all the jpeg files in a folder
2) Convert them to the native resolution of the device (600x800 for Kindle 3 and earlier for portrait view; 800x600 for landscape) using Irfanview or some other software
3) Zip the resulting files with winzip, 7zip or whatever the hell you wanna use
4) Change the extension of the zip file to cbz (e.g. Asterix_01.zip -> Asterix_01.cbz) and put the file in the documents folder in Kindle. It will show up as a document on the Kindle.

I usually keep these settings on Kindle:
Actual size = Yes
Full screen mode on

Be advised that the 6" devices are not at all ideal for comics, but there are some out there that will look okay. e.g. I found that asterix is unreadable as the bubble text is too small, but Tintin was okay, since the bubble text was bigger. I tried Full metal Alchemist which was just fine as it has less of bubble text and that too is bigger if its there. So, as long as you use the above settings and the bubble text is big enough to be read on a 6" device, I think your experience will be fine.
hellraiser06 is offline   Reply With Quote