View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 04:11 AM   #8
Balerion
Connoisseur
Balerion began at the beginning.

Device: K2i K3w
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigg View Post
Wait...cbzs work in the kindle without doing anything?
Sorry for the delayed reply... you've probably tested it out by now and answered your own question, but...

yes... CBZs work on a kindle without doing anything to them.

I'm yet to test whether its better to resize the images (see here or do a search for MANGLE) before using them, but they work fine. I guess resizing them would help bring the file size down a bit (eg. Scott Pilgrim vols 1-6 is 570MB in total, without resizing), because the "working symbol" at the top of the screen can take a little while (5-10 seconds) to load and index the CBZ when they are big files... but that doesn't worry me much... the files work fine once they've loaded (except for what I mentioned before, in that when opening a CBZ, the last image can appear in the side margins... MENU and BACK quick refresh solves that one-off glitch though)

Also, when reading a CBZ on your Kindle, if you click MENU, you'll get the standard image viewer options like ENABLE/DISABLE FULL SCREEN, STOP/START DITHERING etc... although... I have found that when I reopen a CBZ comic and it is set to FULL SCREEN, I'll still have the top titlebar up... all it means is that you have to disable and then re-enable the full screen viewing to fix it... another little glitch, but who cares?! kindles can view CBZ comics... it's frakking awesome

Last edited by Balerion; 10-24-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Balerion is offline   Reply With Quote