View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #12
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
Thanks for the scientific approach

I don't know if it is the fact that I take out my contacts before going to bed, but I was able to read on a shoddy iPhone 3's screen just fine. Before that I read on a Sony-Ericsson P1i which had a really tiny screen and I was fine with that, too.
Or maybe it's my job as a graphic designer that puts my mind at ease when it sees pixels so that my eyes don't try to "sharpen" somethign that cannot be sharpened ?
Same here.
I'm reading eBooks since 2000.
Back then on Pocket PCs and Palm Pilots.
No problems at all.
Then read the 7 Harry Potter books on the first iPhone in 2007 - again, no problems whatsoever.
And I'm reading extensively. Often 5 hours in a single instance.
Often in bad lighting conditions: On the train, in bed, in hotels with low lights...

Maybe I've gotten used to low resolution and the worst display qualities in my old Commodore VC20 and C64 days, hooked to a television and playing for endless hours...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote