View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 09:06 PM   #12
PHC
PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro, Mac Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
The link I posted lists explicit ghostscript command-line parameters which use the "pdfwrite" output device. I was skeptical like you when I first got the tip, but the conversion creates a perfect replica of the PDF source file except for the removal of the cropped-out text. I've used this conversion many times (in fact, it is integrated into k2pdfopt as an option because of the way it removes cropped-out text so nicely).
I you read the post at pdftk compression option - Stack Overflow, you will see that I used even more parameters and got less than lossless results, especially with scanned images. Worst of all, the bookmarks outline (TOC) is removed.

Last edited by PHC; 11-07-2015 at 09:12 PM.
PHC is offline   Reply With Quote