View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 02:46 PM   #10
PHC
PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro, Mac Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ora View Post
Yes, that does sound better, since I have never used GS. However, I have a problem with a small document now. It was 13,5 MB, but there were some cropped pages (it's only 14 pages long, but it's a colour scan), so I thought it could be even smaller, cropped the pages a bit more and told my dear Acrobat (X Pro, if it's relevant) to remove hidden information. Just the cropped stuff, without touching the metadata and links.

When I saved the file... it was... 163 MB.

What happened to increase its size over 10 times?! Do you have any idea what I could do?

I still have the original 13,5 MB file, so we can experiment. I've tried removing hidden information again (without the extra cropping, which were just edges of pages and so on), and it got larger again - only 26,2 MB this time, but the thing that should've reduced its size still doubled it. And the strangest thing is that the same Acrobat did manage to reduce size by removing hidden info from some other files, so I'm completely at a loss here.
I have no idea. I'd have to try it myself. If the file does not contain any sensitive information, you could upload it to a free cloud service and post the link.
PHC is offline   Reply With Quote