View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 02:43 PM   #9
PHC
PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PHC is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro, Mac Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
Did you try it? With the device set to pdfwrite, there really aren't any special parameters, and the conversion is indeed lossless. It's not converting to a bitmap. But experimenting with it a little more, I see that while it does do a decent job of eliminating cropped-out text, it does not remove images from the PDF file that are completely cropped out, so the size hardly changes if it is dominated by embedded images, which is disappointing.
You mean you just used the default settings? You have a LONG way to go before getting anything even approaching quality output. Take a look at this thread: pdftk compression option - Stack Overflow and ps2pdf: PostScript-to-PDF converter for details.

Quote:
Great tip. I had never heard of cpdf. I will check it out. Thank you.
Yes it is a very powerful and easy-to-use command line tool. You could 'extract pages' in Acrobat but it is not worth the bother if you need to do more than a few pages.
PHC is offline   Reply With Quote