View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 12:46 AM   #29
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknit View Post
OK, I'm totally lost I have Windows 7, so I downloaded the Win32Disk Imager, and the Readme in there says I needed QT for Windows SDK so I've downloaded that (which took hours!) and it's installed. Now the Readme says to run compile.bat but I have no idea how to use the QT to do that. Sorry, but I have absolutely no experience with even the most basic coding stuff! I am pretty good at basic Windows stuff, ie, finding which directory something's gone into, to make the correct paths, (only saying this b/c sometimes I see people asking questions who do not even understand something that basic!) but for example, when i use Calibre, I just "plug and play" - no manipulating anything on my books other than editing metadata LOL!
So, I hate to be a bother, but could you possibly explain the directions at XDA for someone as ignorant as I, or should I just give up and wait for n2a (I understand your dislike of them taking a freely given code that someone worked out, and making money off it, but for people like me, we need more thorough instructions or else just need to be able to purchase it already done). Thanks!
Karen

edited - OK, I see what I did wrong - when I downloaded the Win32Disk Imager it actually downloaded the source file rather than the binary I needed to install it. Once I did that it was easy to write the image to the microSD. I haven't been brave enough yet to try it out but plan to today. Please advise if I've done anything else wrong!
It is reasons like the above that drive people to the N2A site.
I don't WANT to fiddle with my device; I want to plug in an sd card [at most!] and have it work...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote