View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 12:26 AM   #15
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
[QUOTE=rononmaximus;2338356]Ok, I'm ashamed to say that I really don't know how to see this When I bought them, I didn't download the epubs directly but a file with a weird extension that loaded them into ADE, so maybe they have DRM?/QUOTE]

Was the file type was .acsm? The local library uses that extension when I'm downloading Adobe epub files. The books are DRMed and also time limited. If I want to read it on a Kobo device, the Kobo needs to be authorized with the same account that ADE is authorized with.

Personally, since every time I do a factory reset, the authorization file gets deleted, I backed up the .adobe-digital-editions folder from the Kobo internal storage which contains two files, one visible called device.xml and the other a hidden file called activation.xml. Copying the activation.xml file back to the Kobo after a reset saves me running out of activations and having to call Adobe to beg for more.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote