View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #4
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by janineo View Post
The Hanlin V3 seems to support DRM-mobi in the comparison matrix, but that isn't borne out by the comments in this forum.
Does it support DRM-mobi or not? Will it in the future, if not? Is it simple to convert my mobi books to another format?
The Hanlin V3 does not currently support DRM Mobipocket. There was available, for a very short time, a firmware with Mobipocket support, but it was quickly retracted for unknown (to me at least) reasons. To the best of my knowledge, Mobipocket support is still in the works, though, and "should" be available in a couple of weeks or months, at most.

Converting from Mobipocket to other formats is relatively simple once you've installed and gotten the hang of the necessary tools, although it may not be legal for DRM-Mobipocket where you live.

Quote:
What are the ergonomics of the Hanlin like? I can't find much info on that.
Nothing spectacular, in either direction. The bookshelf is a bit spartan (no cover images) and very easy to use, although it has an odd default sort order (by date). There are two sets of page turn buttons on the left edge and below the screen, but they could be placed a little better, and having a third set on the right edge would be nice for maximum versatility. I haven't encountered any major usability problems with the V3.

Quote:
Do either the Hanlin or the Cybook provide decent software to convert HTML pages? Or is there a decent 3rd party app out there?
If you find one, let me know. As far as I know, there is no app that does a good job on all HTML input. Especially stuff with fancy formatting often needs some manual pre-processing, regardless of the tool you use.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote