View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 09:14 PM   #15
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Okay, so my sequence of events was a bit off (thanks, Steve), and that knocks my theory a bit of kilter.

But in the case of e-Readers, you could make a case that there wasn't all that big a pool of books available to begin with (you could also make a case that there's still not ) since most folks (even now) don't know about PG, et. al., so they couldn't really follow the iPod/iTunes path too faithfully anyway.

But what you've said makes me think even more that they should make a point of playing up the texts available elsewhere, to avoid tying the Reader too closely to the ConnStore in people's minds.

Getting folks used to the idea of e-reading is what will get them buying books, and a good way to do that is to point out that they can already do so without DRM, and a lot of good stuff is available free, and oh, by the way, there's this Sony store too.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote