View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #13
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Apart from that I have not seen any differences between how it renders if I get it from PDS versus how it renders if I side load. I think we need to do more testing before drawing conclusions about what PSD is or is not doing since it was upgraded to support KF8. I have not seen a single instance where KF8 gets stripped away, as it used to be all of the time, but perhaps I have not yet tried a broad enough sampling of files.
It may be possible that we are also seeing a staggered release of this feature. Since I got my paperwhite, I noticed that Amazon wasn't stripping away the KF8 part, but that I wouldn't always get KF8 out the other end onto the paperwhite. I've got a set of files that always come through as MOBI onto my paperwhite and don't match the sideloaded content. And it is deterministic. A file that doesn't work right once, never works right, so it'd be something choking during conversion. Cover art only works in the cases where it chokes and gives me MOBI on the paperwhite as well.

So if it is actually working as expected for you, then I suspect not all Amazon accounts are actually being fed into this particular version of the PDS converter.

I'm also getting the same behavior via kindlegen and calibre. So it's not that. And the behavior hasn't changed for me since the launch of the paperwhite. It's something I want to see work, as I would like to sync my reading position between a smartphone and my paperwhite, and still get the KF8 formatting when on the paperwhite.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote