View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #27
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
Why does Calibre need to create a copy of a file that exists in the location I imported it from?
Say I import Ranulph Fiennes autobigraphy - Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know - (which I have filed in my biographies folder) into Calibre the first thing it will do is create a Ranulph Fiennes folder with a sub-folder Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know with the epub, cover iimage and metadata files in it.

WHY???

The book already exists in the Biographies folder - and is still there!
Because some of us want to organize all of our books permanently, and not just until we read them.

I had to abandon iTunes because it links to the music file instead of copying it. Following a computer rebuild, the data hard drive ended up with a different drive letter. I didn't realize what I'd done until after I'd added a bunch of new music. Since most, but not all, of the links to the music files were broken, I had to start over.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote