View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 01:03 AM   #10
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
The difference between Japan back then and China now is the mentality. In Japan they wanted to "do it right 100%". In China they want to do it "just good enough". Sloppy design and quality control are the result. (yes, environmental problems are another issue).

You must have read about the milk powder shortages everywhere. Problems like that exist because even Chinese consumers don't trust Chinese brands. This is just one example. And, given my long experience in China, neither do I.
I read somewhere that it was General MacArthur who set the Japanese on the road to quality.

I understand that China is rather inclined to ignore the effects of lead and other things in products. That is why many plastic containers such as those used in Jello and pudding cups cannot be recycled. What I can't understand is why North American and possibly European countries are importing and using these products. Or why they are allowed to by our governments. Even children's toys that they may chew on can contain lead and are sold in the dollar stores.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote