View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 12:46 AM   #8
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Reminds me of the scene in Back to the Future pt. I where the time machine has broken down back in the 50's and Dr. Brown comments that it isn't any wonder it did so since the electronics are marked "Made in Japan." Of course back then I understand a lot of things weren't made right in Japan. Even wind up toys seemed to have their springs put in backwards. Maybe China today is where Japan was back then. I don't know. I have heard they do have problems with things like dumping the chemicals used to make circuit boards right in the the sewer system. Or at least they have in the past. I have no idea where the parts for things like the Kindle are actually made.
The difference between Japan back then and China now is the mentality. In Japan they wanted to "do it right 100%". In China they want to do it "just good enough". Sloppy design and quality control are the result. (yes, environmental problems are another issue).

You must have read about the milk powder shortages everywhere. Problems like that exist because even Chinese consumers don't trust Chinese brands. This is just one example. And, given my long experience in China, neither do I.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote