View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #149
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by taustin View Post
Win8 needs less because less is expected of it at any given time.
In my last post, I exaggerated how much better Windows 8 performance is. But the tests showing Win8 to be better are, I think, valid even when confined to the traditional desktop.

For example, this shows Microsoft Excel 2010 running 9 pecent faster under Win8 than Win7:

http://usabilitygeek.com/windows-8-v...mance-testing/

Seems like an apple-to-apples comparison to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
To me Windows 8 was summed up by my reading a tech reviewer had to resort to googling how to turn his computer off.
There's a shutdown bug when you disable the logon password. I also had to google the way around this.

I've found Win8 to have few bugs, which isn't, of course, zero bugs. Traditional advice is that if you don't like problems, avoid new Windows operating systems (and Microsoft Office versions) until release of Service Pack 1. In the case of Win8, the equivalent of Service Pack 1 is, according to tech press articles, code-named Windows Blue and expected to be released this year.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote