View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #142
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Last week I told my husband we should get a new PC before there are no Win7 models left.
That's really not going to happen very quickly. XP was still available (though at a modest additional charge, since you had to buy Win7 Pro, instead of home) until Win8 was released. As I noted earlier, in looking through Dell's web site, there were two models, one desktop and one laptop, that offered Win8 as a standard option. All were available with Win7, multiple versions. There were literally more computers available with FreeDOS than Win8. And Ubuntu Linux, which has only just been added back to Dell's catalog within the last few weeks, was available on, I would guess, 25% of their systems.

Win8 is going to be much like Vista: largely ignored until the next version comes out, then completely forgotten. (And, for that matter, there were more systems with Vista available than Win8.)
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote