View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 08:40 AM   #9
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I'm trying to picture it. A freshman is off to the bookstore. He needs texts for four or five classes - let's pick English, Chemistry, Math, Sociology, and a language. Each has at least one required text but there are some recommended books, too. There probably aren't two from the same publisher. In the first few years after the release of the new Kindle IV (a large screen edition with great search and linking abilities), a few of the publishers have been forced by Amazon and the public to publish etexts so Johnny has the option to buy three of his eight texts in digital form - for which he'll need to buy the digital reader which is kind of expensive because of the large format screen. So instead of lugging around 80 pounds of books he only needs to lug 50 pounds plus his reader.

That image makes no sense to me. I love the long-term vision. But I don't see how we get there.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote