View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 06:36 AM   #6
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I don't see how a device could be of interest to college students unless it was a much larger screen than the Kindle, was easily searchable, and had well-designed quick flips to other sections or even other texts. It might also need the ability for easily marking of notes and it just might need color. Maybe they could pull off the first 3 items if a display was available. I don't see them doing the last 2 items soon. The cost would have to be reasonable (reader + etexts), too, but to get their foot in the door I don't think it's a requirement that they be cheaper than hardbound texts. Which brings up the mighty book publishers who rake it in at college campuses every semester. I don't think they're going to like this idea much. Scratch it.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote