View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #5
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
Make sure you are using the free web address. If you use the default address you will be charged.

Use your default email address name.

[youraccountname@free.kindle.com] Remove the brackets.

You can sent your docs and books free that way, and if you want converted to kindle format.

In the subject/topic bar of your email use the word "convert"

I think that is right.
If i read this right from amazon. the free kidle email sends the documents so they have to be transfered via USB.

I was wanting to avoid this, the reason i was asking in the first place is that i am constantly wanting to add books to my kindle to be read later, and i read on another thread that everytime you plugged your kindle in it counted as a charge cycle.

i will send some books tomorrow when i get home and test it out.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...00493090#email
Free Transfer of Personal Documents
If you would like to transfer your personal documents to your Kindle for free, you can send attachments to "name"@free.kindle.com to be converted and e-mailed to your computer at the e-mail address associated with your Amazon.co.uk account log-in. You can then transfer the document to your Kindle using your USB connection.
For example, if your Kindle e-mail address is Jay@Kindle.com, send your attachments to Jay@free.kindle.com.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote