View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 05:58 AM   #309
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Yes Win 95 was a great OS, perhaps the first to really make the " Consumer " market, and therefore to bring computing to the " Masses " on a scale previously unknown,

I have to admit I am a big fan of Win 7, most Win OS of recent years have been to bloated and certainly too buggy, but Win 7 like Win 95 before it makes using a computer both intuative and very very easy, Now Win 7 on a Fire ... Well maybe not

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
This is SO wrong. But it reminds me of the Windows Journey...

DOS my 286, nfl challenge, kings quest, lotus 123, procomm
Windows 1.0 GUI Front End for windows -- task switcher
Windows 2.0 Word, Excel, Calc, Calendar, Notepad, Paint, Reversi
Windows 2.x Appletalk, 80286/80386 support
Windows 3.0 multimedia, DOS in a window, Program Manager
Windows 3.1 last version of windows to promise support for older programs
Windows 3.11 Windows for Workgroups (sharing at last), 32 bit os
Windows 95 EASY sharing and networking, Internet Explorer
Windows 98 USB support
Windows ME -- XP user interface on Win/98
Windows XP/Vista/7 we have all used, so...

My favorite version of Windows was Windows 95. Win95 made it easy to network computers just as they were becoming inexpensive enough that it was not rediculous to have two in the home. All of a sudden a couple kind of expensive network cards and a few feet of coaxial cable allowed for multiplayer Doom.
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote