View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #19
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyminot View Post
Right now, a situation is emerging where Apple is being perceived as the high-end product, while Google phones are the cheaper but less classy alternative. If that's the case, Apple will continue to make gobs of money from people interested in defining themselves in certain way and don't care whether Android is technically a better operating system.
Android is not 'technically a better operating system'.

The hardware is often (much) more leading edge, but that's only one facet of 'better' and it has little to do with the Android OS.

I don't define myself by my iPod touch any more than my wife defines herself by her Samsung. Perhaps others define me by it -- but that (to me) is too close to stereotyping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyminot View Post
Just think: Google would probably kill to have a similar customer base. People who will only buy Apple computers, will only buy Apple smartphones, will only buy Apple tablets, will only buy Apple MP3 players . . .
Not me. Best tool for the job.

I like some of the things Android frees you up to do -- like the getting alerts on your desktop thing I posted this morning. I just wish I could get the equivalent of the Touch with something like the screensize of a Droid.

When the price on this drops <$200 I'm in (w/o activating it).
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote