View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
Bigo2
Zealot
Bigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
How do the italic look like in the HTML? Can you show a piece of the HTML code before import in Sigil and how that code looks in Sigil?
I haven't tested 0.7.4 yet, but so far it left all the tags alone if they were used correctly.
Hi I have found that when I save the html file as epub, the italics are there. It's only the Sigil screen where they are not shown properly...

Here is the part of the original html. In Sigil the italics are shown properly, and they are OK when saved as epub:

html:
<p class="calibre6">“How bad?”</p>
<br class="calibre4" />
<p class="calibre6"><span class="italic">“Very</span> bad.” Kendrick coughed. “Don’t use that name,” he added.</p>
<br class="calibre4" />

Sigil:
<p class="calibre6">“How bad?”</p><br class="calibre4"/>

<p class="calibre6"><span class="italic">“Very</span> bad.” Kendrick coughed. “Don’t use that name,” he added.</p><br class="calibre4"/>

Here is the same part which I edited in Word and saved as a Web Page, Filtered, as usually - it always worked...
In Sigil then the italics are NOT shown properly, but they are OK when saved as epub:

html:
<p class=calibre6 style='margin-top:0cm;margin-right:5.0pt;margin-bottom:0cm;
margin-left:5.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:justify'><span
class=italic1><span style='font-family:"Cambria","serif"'>“Very</span></span><span
style='font-family:"Cambria","serif"'> bad.” Kendrick coughed. “Don’t use that
name,” he added.</span></p>

Sigil:
<p class="calibre6" style="margin-top:0cm;margin-right:5.0pt;margin-bottom:0cm; margin-left:5.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:justify"><span class="italic1"><span style="font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;">“Ver y</span></span> <span style="font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;">bad. ” Kendrick coughed. “Don’t use that name,” he added.</span></p>
Bigo2 is offline   Reply With Quote