View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by watersailor View Post
...thanks for your message, but thats not the failure in my case! Can anybody help me???????????

...please help!
where are you 'installing' portable calibre

when you run calibre-portable-installer-0.9.7.exe you should see something like the attached screen shot

You could select an empty thumb drive, or create a new folder somewhere, e.g. in the root of the system drive - eg c:\Calibre. And in that location you should end up with

Code:
Folder  Calibre Library		
Folder  Calibre Settings		
Folder  Calibre	
File    calibre-portable.exe
I just installed Portable Calibre 0.97 to a new HP Laptop, worked fine.

The fact that you have to 'install' calibre portable does NOT mean its not portable. Everything needed to run it is in the folder you create/select, nothing is written elsewhere - eg the registry, or into your user account folder or Program Data folder etc.

As I understand it, the install does some 'configuring' within the nominated location

Don't try to spoof it by extracting things by hand. Just run the .exe, tell it where you want to put it, and it should be done within a couple of minutes.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	397
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	97005  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote