Thread: Buy kobo glow?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 02:24 AM   #26
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by david8866 View Post
I had a friend's Kobo mini for about 2 hours. I didn't have Sony 350 with me, so I can only 'compare' by memory. The colors of the screen are different, mini was more yellow-ish, 350's is milky-grey; fonts on mini 'seem' more black and matted (different color screen gave illusion?) I wouldn't pick one over the other, after 5 min of reading, I forgot their differences.
I do see a slight yellow caste, now that you mention it. But side by side the screen appears whiter and the characters crisper.
I have adjusted the font to my preference so maybe all in my mind.

And there is virtually no glare on the screen from the light. This for me is a big bonus for reading on a bus where the light coming in the windows changes constantly on a sunny day.

As a long time Sony reader fan(atic) I am pleased that The Sony plugboards and the collection/sorting of series etc. all seem to work and the page numbering is identical.

And as I previously said, it is easier to read and I read faster. Not that I care about reading faster, but the reading experience seems better, although I had no compaints with the Sonys.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote