View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #7
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by donhamilton View Post
Will this hack work with the Kobo Touch device ?
I'm not sure if it will work right out of the box, but it could definitely be made to work.
You could go ahead and try to run it as-is on the Touch. I'm just not sure if the Touch's
e-ink display will allow updating the screen in the same way as the Wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghalfacree View Post
A quick search tells me that "echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate" should fix it - but it doesn't. I can echo as much as I like to that file, but pygame still errors out.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Since I don't know why it works on my Wifi, I'm not sure why it doesn't work on yours.
After a reboot, what is in the rotate file? Mine contains a single zero.
Code:
cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate
What does the "fbset" command output?

My US Kobo Wifi is running firmware 1.9 (r25373), from March 29, 2011.

Last edited by KevinShort; 10-22-2012 at 10:04 AM.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote