View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 07:03 AM   #8
G J Lau
Zealot
G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
I use Smashwords and agree that sales through that venue are minimal, as are sales through any venue except Amazon. I have found that if I prep a Word document following the Smashwords formatting guidelines then I can directly post that to Amazon through their Kindle Direct Publishing program. I also use OpenOffice and prefer that to Word, but I don't believe Amazon allows that format.

Dont' forget that you have to come up with a cover as well. There is an ongoing thread about the relative importance of covers, but any custom cover is better than none. I used a freeware program called Paint.net to design all my covers, except for The Magpie's Secret, which was custom drawn by my son. You can create perfectly acceptable covers with a little practice.
G J Lau is offline   Reply With Quote