View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #5
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Welcome to the crowdscourced future where a crowd of random strangers can be, in aggregate, much better than any single expert. It's interesting that the Amazon crowdsourced reviews are as good as expert reviews in conditions where the experts couldn't be biased; does that suggest that overall the Amazon reviews would be better as their would be more chance for experts to be biased in the real world?

I'm a big believer in crowdsourcing. Wikipedia is the go to example (offering a breadth and depth of topic coverage that no expert created encyclopedia could hope to match), but there's also Goldcorp. that made millions by putting its geological data up for public view and asking people to take a look. People often complain about Wikipedia's accuracy, but I've never had an issue, and it's not like the physical encyclopedias I had as a kid were particularly error (or blatant racism) free.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote