View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 08:57 AM   #25
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
DRM is dying. Nowadays you can purchase, at a reasonable price, most MP3s without DRM. I've spent more money at Amazon on MP3s recently than I've spent in years on CDs. Why? Because I can get the content I want, at a reasonable price, without silly restrictions that only penalize consumers who obey the laws. I have no intention to share any content I've purchased with anyone, except my immediate family, and that's probably true of the vast majority of consumers.

Ebooks are a pain in the .... because of the DRM. At least I can easily bypass the DRM, except on DRMed PDFs, and be able to read any of my ebooks on any of my devices. It may be violating the law but I will not share any of these books and I strongly disagree with the law as it may apply for personal use.

People who download illegally most likely wouldn't be a customer anyway so the publishers haven't lost any revenue. Same with the record companies. The people who download illegal music would've been making recordings of friends' music or recording it off the radio a generation ago.

You can't legislate morality. There will always be people who want something for nothing so why penalize the rest of us?
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote