View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 11:33 AM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
Thank you all for the replies. I wish I could lay my hands on an eInk device in a store or someplace, just to see what one is like. The last couple of years I've been reading ebooks on an HP4705x pda, which has a 4 inch LCD. It's alright but I’d like to find something better. One nice feature of the HP4705x is its Adobe eReader software: tagged pdfs are easily reformatted and the font and colors can be changed to anything I want. But page turns can get a bit screwy and the screen is just too small. My eyes begin to strain after using it for a half hour or so. This happens on the computer, as well. Perhaps the backlighting of the LCD is part of the problem in the case of my eyes, because if I look at printed pages with white letters on a dark background (which uses vats of ink!), there's definitely less strain.

Fingers
check Fry's, Borders, Comp USA (if you still have one). Tell us where you live in your personal data and we can be more helpful. Do you have a Cybook gen1?
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote