View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 03:53 AM   #37
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
copyright holder is slightly different I think especially for creative commons licenses. Here is the location of the dublin core specifications. This is currently used in ePUB and earlier forms of this documentation. http://dublincore.org/
As I mentioned there is also metadata as a topic in our wiki.

Dale
I looked a the metadata page on the wiki. But the DublinCore stuff is way to involved to scan: and it's focused on XML. I'm trying to keep it simple...

And I want to be careful not to try and re-create ePub here.

Still, there are a few things from the wiki that are worth discussing:

keywords: effectively tags. Worth adding?

comments: Not sure that I need to do this, but I'm open to argument.

identifier: the main issue is, should I rename "fileid" to "identifier"? Can't think of a good reason -- identifier seems too abstract.

editor: might add this -- it's not from the wiki, exactly, but is mentioned in the "creator/contributor" section. Creator and contributor seem too general to me, but I'm open to arguments.

subject: isn't genre enough? Also, I should maybe show y'all the genre list I found and use. It's really more like a subject list.

date: I'm thinking maybe it should be yyyy/mmm/dd, but not yyyy/mm/dd -- the numbers are confusing, but 3-letter code for months is optimal.

rights: I'm not sure about this. Open Source, Public Domain, Creative Commons -- and what do you put for something under copyright? Is there anything else?

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote