View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 08:56 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Well, UTF-8 encoded books does not seem to be so common so I have not noticed this before. Why use UTF-8 and not entities?

Coding UTF-8 or other character set related things is probably the most boring thing I know. When I started using computers there was problem with Swedish characters and ISO 8859-1 support in programs. It is so depressing to have similar kind of problems 25 years later...
You shouldn't need to do anything codec related directly. Surely Perl has builtin codecs for coding/decoding UTF-8, etc?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote