View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #35823
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I'm recovering from my loud traumatic morning.

It was time to take Stella cat into the vet for her yearly "wellness" exam & shots. In previous years Stella has loved visiting her vet - we go to a cats only practice - and our veterinarian fussed over her!

So this morning, I load Stella into her travel crate - at which she begins to yowl at the top of her lungs - for the entire drive. Dislocating my arm so that I could shove my fingers through the ventilation holes in the crate was not helpful.

So, we arrive at the office - still yowling - and are IMMEDIATELY taken back into an exam room. Opening the crate door releases a Tasmanian devil into the room - Stella is in a full-blown panic attack - racing in circles at top speed around & around & around the room - still yowling. I catch her in mid-leap - as she tries to launch herself onto the top of the X-Ray viewer. I spend the next 15 minutes wrestling her on the floor, speaking in a calm & soothing voice, singing, you name it - and finally jam her inside my coat - where she quiets down. Her temp is so high, her ears and nose are bright red - and I'm sweating profusely inside my zipped coat. Not to mention navy blue slacks now upholstered with cat hair.

So, the vet & her assistant enter the room - and extract Stella from her coat cave and place her on the slippery exam table - where Stella promptly calms down and starts purring - even gives the vet a nose kiss. Even the rabies shot doesn't get a growl.

Then Stella calmly walks into her travel crate and lies down.

We drive home, with Stella softly wailing the entire way.

To be continued in the "What's in your cup" thread!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote