View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #35822
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I was just reading the back of a packet of cable clips I got from Deal Extreme yesterday. A couple of years ago I bought the original ones these are clearly knock off ones, going by the grammar mistakes and strange sentences. The last sentence on the back is "Cables [sic] mess will not happen if you have it in hand which will bring you happy feeling". I especially like how these clips should give you a happy feeling!
This sounds like typical 'Japanglish.' We see it every day, when ever the Japanese try to translate advertising. For some reason, they will spend thousands on design but refuse to spend pennies on proof-reading. This billboard for 'Polish Sausage' sandwiches is all over the city. They must have printed thousands of them, but never bothered to have the spelling checked by a Native English Speaker.

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cleaning1.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	103013   Click image for larger version

Name:	Polish.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	103014  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote