View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
http://www.google.com/nexus/#/7/features
https://play.google.com/store/device...d=nexus_7_16gb

The video is live again. I see no mention of expandable storage, which is disappointing. The 370t, which the Nexus 7 was based off originally, also had hdmi out, which this appears not to.

But otherwise, this is probably the best 7" Android reader out there, and the price is fantastic. I was disappointed in the low pixel density of my Nook Tablet. 1280x800 on a 7" IPS screen is going to look very crisp. There's an old toshiba with that resolution, and terrible battery life, but this, with the very efficient tegra 3, is going to last 9 hours even playing video.

They bragged about console quality gaming at the IO presentation, which is true. Tegra 3 and a 1gb of ddr3 ram (even if it is the low voltage sort) probably puts the PS3 to shame. But should software support ever arrive to really push the hardware that far, where will you store stuff? This is going to be a great streaming device for netflix or hulu, but if you have a video library of your own from an HTPC for example, you're really constrained with how many you can put on here for trips and the like.

Asus is rumored to be developing another 7" tablet that isn't a nexus. I'm eager to see if they can do a little better.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote