View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #14
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebusinesstutor View Post
Yes, I also feel bad that authors I truly love the work of don't get paid on my used "dead-tree" purchases.

I tend to find authors after their books have been out a while so there are plenty of used versions of their books.

For example, I own 15 Elizabeth Moon books but only 2 are new. I own 18 Lois McMaster Bujold books, but only 7 new (she has done a little better on me than Moon)

Some older authors, almost 100% of my copies may be used.

I notice Baen Books has many ebooks for Elizabeth Moon at $4 to $6 each. At that price (similar to the price used versions), I could afford to pick up ebook versions as well of the books I love - and the author would receive income. Especially since some are omnibus editions - 2 or more books in one.

An affordable way to build my digital library.
All of LMB's books except for Memory and Cryoburn are available, legitimately, for *free* on the CD released with Cryoburn.

In multiple formats and without DRM.

Ah, yes, Baen knows ebooks!
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote