View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 03:49 AM   #10
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebusinesstutor View Post
Yes, I also feel bad that authors I truly love the work of don't get paid on my used "dead-tree" purchases.
Keep in mind there is some trickle effect. It's been shown to be true in the video game market.

People buy games knowing they can resell / trade in later. They tend to use some of that money for buying new games. This has shown to trickle more money into the game market - indirectly. It also makes people more willing to try a new product...because they can get some money back if it sucks or they finish it.

I'm sure the same thing would apply to some extent with used book sales as well.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote