View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #13
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

Yes this is a bug with the Apple default archiver utility. It used to work correctly and now it does not anymore with zips that have mimetype files. If you zip has such a file, the damn Apple utility thinks it is not a normal zip and will try to actually compress the file (thus creating the .cpgz) and not uncompress the file.

I have no idea whose smart idea this was but it sucks. Simply grab some other unzip utility for Mac OSX (I have stuffit on mine) or use the Terminal.app and the "unzip" command line tool (which works on everything). You can also grab the latest Unzip drag-and-drop tool that was posted in the epub section of this forum. It works to unzip things as well (it just runs the unzip command line tool under the table).

So lots of options. It is just sad that Apple broke its own tool.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote